Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tripp is Here!

William Philip Lawler, III "Tripp" was born Monday May 10th at 2:20 in the afternoon, weighing in at a whopping 8 pounds 11 ounces, and is 21 inches long. The delivery went very smooth and quick, but unfortunately since he came out with only a few pushes, it didn't squeeze the mucus out of his lungs and has caused some respiratory problems. They ended up having to admit him to the NICU and he's been hanging out there since. He is steadily improving and we continue to get good reports, so hopefully he'll be able to come home tomorrow. Will and I were discharged today, and there were quite a few tears on the drive home. I never expected to leave the hospital without my little guy, but I know he's in good hands. We'll still get to go visit him during visitor hours, but I'm most definitely looking forward to him being given a clean bill of health so we can have him home permanently. I wanted to thank everyone for their sweet words of encouragement through texts, phone calls, visits etc... I am blessed to have such sweet friends and family!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

He's beautiful! Congrats!

Abigail Avery said...

Oh Deborah--He's just perfect. We'll be praying for y'all and for sweet Tripp to come home in perfect health ASAP!