Friday, October 1, 2010

Refashioned Part II

Lately, I have really been loving a bunch of new blogs I've found that are super creative with sewing- especially with taking old clothes and making them new. Well, when we were in Montevallo over Labor Day, I got to spend some time hanging out with my sister-in-law and helping her clean out her closet of things she's had since high school. While going through all of these clothes, I was completely inspired and ideas started going through my head of how maybe I could turn some of these things into new clothes for the kiddos. It has been so much fun turning my mind in different directions of what new things could be made. Here are the two I've come up with so far. Thanks again Rudy for your stuff!
Before (pinstriped skirt)
After (pants for Tripp)
Before (mock black turtle neck shirt)
After
(Appliqued dress for Catelyn)

8 comments:

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Sorry that was me that deleted the first comment (my sister in law was logged into her account and I didn't know). Anyway, they are both so cute! Good job!!

jaredlaurenroberts said...

Stop it! Seriously...what can't you do?! Those are too cute and Catelyn looks like a million bucks in the dress:)

The Collins Family said...

LOVE both of them!! You are too good!

Agnes CF Lee said...

how did you do that? it's a total transformation to new pieces of clothing. though I have attended sewing class, don't think i could do that.

Jennie said...

I love that, Deb! Would you mind to e-mail me the blogs that you were reading that are doing this?? Hope y'all are well!

jennie
jenniebrewer@gmail.com

Claudine said...

How precious!! I am in awe :)

feroni2 said...

Super! wonderful idea)Tell what site you found it?)