Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fishy Applique

Last summer, I found a couple of solid, child sized, white t-shirts at a garage sale for 25 cents a piece. I grabbed up all that they had, knowing they would be perfect to put appliques on. I guess because the temperature has warmed up some, and I can feel a hint of spring in the air, I decided today would be a good day to start appliqueing. I searched the internet and found some cute ideas, and then I let Catelyn decide which design I should applique on Tripp's t-shirt. She decided the fishy design looked somewhat like Nemo, so fishy it is! I then went to my "stash" of clothes to be repurposed and found a tube top that had fun summer colors on it and knew I had my fishy fabric. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and still have enough left over fabric to possibly make Catelyn a skirt. Love me some cheap projects! :)

The "fishy" shirt
The original tub top

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Deb your killin' me! LOVE it! When you come to bham I have a stash of clothes for you to either wear or re-purpose! Wish you lived closer so we could trade food for appliques(:
Sorry couldn't finish talking today...let's try again soon!

Sarah Rose said...

Too precious! You're definitely challenging me to think about repurposing before tossing some old clothes!