Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Tree

Our tree went up a little later than usual this year, but we finally got one up!  We had to do a "redo" on the lights though.  I originally tried putting the old school bulbs on the tree, but they got so hot I thought it was going to burn down the tree.  At one point, I actually thought the tree was catching fire.  I kept smelling this burning smell.  Turns out, Tripp put his plastic toy phone on the eye of the stove and turned the stove ON! He has never done that before! I heard this loud pop, ran in the kitchen and realized where the smell was coming from.  I was to on edge about the lights at this point, and decided to take them down and go with the safe option.  We still used colored lights (first time since we've been married).  Catelyn thought they were beautiful!  We finally got the tree decorated and we all decided it was a beautiful tree! :)

Choosing our tree.

The first set of lights.  

Tripp adjusting an ornament on the finished tree. 

Oh Christmas Tree...oh Christmas tree...

With all the presents under it. :)  



No comments: