Monday, December 30, 2013

Gator Bowl

Will was assigned the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, FL where I was given the opportunity to travel with him.  It was such a neat experience!!  We hopped off the plane to literally run to the rental car, check in the hotel and dress for the first event.  There was a coaches reception that was aboard a boat.  For someone like me that gets motion sickness easily, it was almost comical to hop off a plane to get on a boat.  Fortunately, the Lord showed me much grace and I did just fine. :)  After the boat ride we headed to another reception at a yummy Italian restaurant.  The next day the festivities continued with a coaches luncheon (where we sat with the tallest man I've ever seen!! I came up to his elbow! He was somewhere in the 7' something range). After the luncheon we went back to the hotel to rest a bit and begin getting ready for the New Year's Eve Gala.  It was fun getting all spiffy for the evening and Will looked so handsome!  The Gala had a Rat Pack band playing and Will and I danced.  It was great!!  Later in the evening they had champaign, party hats, and noise makers ready to ring in the new year and watch the fire works.  It was so pretty and one of the best fire works shows I've ever seen.  The next day we dressed for the Gator Bowl and thankfully had seats in a suite because it rained the entire game!  It was neat to be able to experience a game at the Jaguars stadium and see so many neat parts of it. When all was said and done, we were exhausted, but we had a great time!!












No comments: