Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cereal & Applesauce

Yesterday was Catelyn's 4 month doctor's appointment. She had to get more of the dreaded shots, and I actually think it was worse watching this time than the last. I guess it never does get easier, especially when they do the face that turns all red, you know their gonna cry but no sound comes out, cry. Trully heartbreaking!!! Anyways, she is doing wonderful and has hit all the milestones for her age. Yea Catelyn!!! She weighs 11.15 lbs, and is 24.25 inches long. The doctor told us it's time to start cereal and fruit. I was pretty excited about this, although I had no idea what a challenge it would be to insert a spoon with sustanance on it, into my child's mouth. WOW!!! I think the pictures will say it all! Anyways, I'm very proud of our little girl, and am absolutely blown away at how fast she is growing. It's such a cliche', since that's what every other mom says about her baby- but it's so true!! She's super fun though and I am still LOVING being a momma!

Step 1) Into the bumbo to start our meal.


Step 2) Out of the bumbo and into the bouncy seat to try again to start our meal. :)


Step 3) Teaching Catelyn that only the spoon goes into the mouth, not spoon & hand!


Step 4) Keeping food in mouth. (easier said than done. ha!)


Step 5) Dirty bib, dirty face & hands, and no pants later...All done!! Whew!!!

7 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

ADORABLE!!! She is too cute! Isn't food fun? It is truly amazing how fast they grow up. You don't believe it until you're living it yourself. Have fun!

Sarah Rose said...

Even though she loses the pants in the last picture, I have to know where you got them! They are precious and I'm finally getting to the point in Phoebe's wardrobe where I can justify going shopping...sort of. And if you tell me you made them, I might barf -- Carolynn told me how handy you are!

Michael Thomas said...

This comment is for Will:

A generous use of masking tape will keep those little hands from intercepting any "feeding time airplanes" before they reach their target.

Just a little 'dad-to-dad' advice.

Carolynn said...

He he he....I remember that day! Callahan was definitely wearing more than eating. We haven't tried anything more than cereal at this point. I'm trying to hold off until 6 mo. We'll see how that goes. All of us Bham mommies need to get together and hang!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Ha Ha!!! I remember how messy those first meals were. It will get easier and better. She is so cute and I'm glad y'all are doing so well. Love you!

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

Will was so cute feeding her last night! She is such a good little girl.

Susie said...

so fun! i am right there with you babe! it's way more difficult than you would expect! i need to get the fruits going! i enjoyed the play by play. makes me feel better knowing i am not alone!
i am super sad i missed you this weekend. i saw you and sarah's cute pics on rachel's site and i was jealous.
also, thanks a bunch for doing the book thing! noah just got his first book in the mail a second ago from your friend Leslie and madelyn! yea! hope you get lots of books!