Monday, May 19, 2008

Catelyn's 1st Birthday Party

This past Sunday, we celebrated Catelyn's first birthday (which isn't technically until Wednesday the 21st). It was so fun preparing for her big day. I sewed her a little outfit, covered my entire kitchen with powdered sugar making her big cake, little cake and cupcakes, and Will and I about passed out blowing up balloons. We had a great time at her party. Catelyn got tons of toys, books, clothes, etc... It was great having all the grandparents there, along with Lance and Ruth Ann (who are to be married this weekend- yea!!!!) and my sister Sarah and nephew Clayton. It was great getting to spend a beautiful day outside, with all the people we love, celebrating the first year of our little girl's life. I still cannot believe that a year has already gone by. She has added so much to our lives, and I praise God so much for giving us the opportunity to be her parents. Happy birthday sweet girl!!!!

The Birthday yummies!
The "big" cake
Catelyn's very own little cake
Happy with her new stuffed puppy from her great grandmother- Nannie (we missed you Nannie and Pawpaw!)

Momma helping open gifts

Best present of all!!! :)

Cake time! She was a little timid at first, but she warmed up quite nicely!

All the family who came to love on Catelyn on her big day!

7 comments:

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

you make me sick...that cake is amazing. you really can do anything!!

Teresa said...

No kidding-I couldnt have done that to save my life. Though I think I could have done better for M than Publix did. Happy b-day to your sweet girl tomorrow!

Ashley said...

LOVE the pic of Catelyn eating her little cake... too cute!!! Happy Birthday Catelyn!(: Love you!

Leslie Harwell said...

Wow Deb! The cakes looked awesome. You are so talented. The family picture of yall is so cute. Glad you had fun! Happy 1st Birthday Catelyn (tomorrow)!!!

pamper said...

We are looking forward to seeing all of you Saturday! Your south Mississippi cousins!

Carolynn said...

Happy Birthday Catelyn! I'm with the rest of em...that cake was incredible!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Happy First Birthday Sweet Girl! The cake and outfit are so adorable...just what I would expect from the next Martha Stewart:)! You are so creative and I'm so glad she had a fun party! Happy Birthday to you too friend! Love ya!