Monday, August 2, 2010

Mamaw's Biscuits



When I was growing up, my grandmother (Mamaw as we called her) used to make the most amazing biscuits!! All of us kids loved them (and her even more of course) so much that if my dad went home to Knoxville, TN to visit, she would make us a batch to send home for us kids. Well recently, my sweet Aunt Vicki passed the recipe on to me, and I've been trying my "attempts" at making Mamaw's biscuits. They are pretty good, but no where near the yumminess that her's were. I'll keep trying though. So in the mean time, Mamaw...this post is dedicated to you! Love you!!!

2 comments:

Douglas W. Cate said...

I would looooove to have a pan of her biscuits right now. Put some butter on them and then some apple butter. WOW!!! Then, some red eye gravy and a biscuit or two. Then some of Mamaw's great gravy and biscuits. That would be awesome.

Keep at it Deb. I want you to make me some before to much longer.
Love ya,
Dad

Maggie Pelton said...

And where is the recipe???