Monday, August 30, 2010

Refashioned

Ok...so lately, I have seen so many creative blogs of ways to take old clothes and make something new. I was inspired to try and refashion some of my own things, and it made for some super cute clothes for FREE!! I had kept one of Will's old Brooks Brothers button ups that was fraying at the neck, because I hated to throw it out. Then...it hit me! Make an outfit for Tripp! He also had an old Shelby Academy football t-shirt with his number on it, (he had duplicates of it, I think he would have shot me if I cut up his only one. ha!) so once again...layette for Tripp! Finally, I had left over fabric from making the nursery bedding, so what did I do with it...overalls for Tripp!! Ha! It was so much fun making these things (some of which I did a while back, and sadly he's already grown out of.) Anyways, had to show you how they turned out. :)

Forgot to get a picture of the shirt before I cut it up. Oh well.
Look how little he was. Can't believe how big he already is!
Will's old button up.
Tripp's "new" outfit! It was so fun figuring out way to reuse parts of the shirt. I was able to use the front pocket, parts of the cuffs, all of the buttons, and some of the original seems. Can't wait to do this again. And I love the sentimental part that Tripp is wearing one of his Daddy's shirts!
The precious little guy! Sadly...he's already grown out of this one too. :(
The overall's made from left over nursery fabric. Yay for not wasting super cute fabric!
Overalls!

5 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

So awesome! I LOVE the overalls! You are so very talented:)

Ashley said...

so cute!!(:

The Collins Family said...

LOVE all of them! So cute! Did you see the dress you can make from an old button-down shirt? I think I saw it on the blog you told me about. I am hoping to try one out for Claire soon.

RuthAnn said...

Deb, you really are amazing!!!!!!!

Abigail Avery said...

Fantastic!! How precious! You make me want to go scrounge around in my closet right now!! Hope y'all are doing well :)