Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mommies... I need some help.

Catelyln isn't doing Mother's Day Out this year (sniff, sniff), but I still want her learning and being challenged at home. This is where all my fellow mommies come in. I'm needing some help thinking up creative ideas of ways to teach her things (i.e. verses, colors, letters, numbers, etc). I'd also love ideas for projects she and I can do together and projects she can do on her own, as well as things to keep her little hands busy when she gets extra antsy in the afternoons. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks so much!!


4 comments:

Sarah Rose said...

A friend of mine just sent me to some great websites last week... thought I'd pass them along!

http://www.preschoolersandpeace.com
http://www.abcjesuslovesme.com (this one is more a formal homeschool curriculum)
http://www.impressyourkids.org
http://lapbooksbycarisa.homestead.com/TotSchool.html

Hope you're adjusting well over in Arkansas!

The Collins Family said...

Those letters that Claire made over the summer are from Notimeforflashcards.com. They have a LOT of ideas. :)

Maggie Pelton said...

I ordered curriculum from Children Desiring God (John Piper's church) when Maggie was little and a flip book of verses. An idea would be to put a verse on your calendar every month to remind you to teach her that one. I write them with window crayons or dry erase markers on our mirrors to remind me to work on them with her. As for letters, start with her name. It helps me when I plan in advance and come up with a couple of activities a day for each letter, number, shape. I've also heard the Leap Frog Letter Factory DVD's are phenominal!

Leslie Harwell said...

I started both kiddos a couple of weeks ago working on theses notebooks to learn letters: I bought just a 50 cent notebook and they take each page and write one letter on it. Then we use old magazines around the house, and look thru them and they find objects that start with that letter and cut it out and glue it down. So you are working with learning letters, writing letters, working with sissors and glue, etc. M and B love it. Hope this makes since. You know me well and I am a visual learner and that also means it is hard for me to type/write instructions. :) We miss you at school.