Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sleeves and Summer Refashioning

I've ventured out into the world of sleeves and was very pleasantly surprised to find it wasn't as scary as I had imagined. Yay!! I've also been having so much fun "revamping" more old clothes into summer clothes for Catelyn. I think I'm finding I like making new clothes out of old clothes even better than starting from a pattern. When refashioning something, a lot of the "dirty work" (i.e. hems, serges, button holes and pre-sewn buttons, etc...) are already done... and that makes the project quicker, which makes me happy. Here are a few of the things I've made. :)

This outfit and the next, I forgot to get the "before" pics. Oh well. This first one,
all I had to do was add the straps to take an adult top to a toddler dress. Easy enough. :)
This top was originally similar to the white shirt "before" pic (down below).
I made this one into a halter though.
The rest of these are "before" and "after" pics.

3 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

You're amazing!!! I wish we lived closer so you could teach me:)!

Sarah Rose said...

Deb, I LOVE the blue shirt dress... did you follow a tutorial, or did you just "wing it"? Would love to make a few for our big girls!

RuthAnn said...

That's quite a little model you have there! She really knows how to work it :) The way you are sewing these days, I just may have to go shopping so that I can clean out my closet again to send you more. These clothes are way better than anything you could buy. I wish I had my own personal thrifty designer seamstress!