Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Valentines Wreath

I know it's only the middle of January, but I've got Valentines on the mind. The color's are so fun and happy, and you need that (at least I do) when it's so cold and dreary outside. Anyways, a couple weeks ago, I saw this tutorial from House of Smith's on how to make paper roses out of crape/streamer paper. I thought it was so cute, and Target had some crape paper on sale in their Christmas section for 75% off. I already had red paint and the styrofoam wreath form, so the total project cost came to about 65 cents, which fits my budget beautifully! It was a bit time consuming, and my fingers felt the sting from the hot glue gun a few times, but overall I was happy with the outcome. :)

I love the little glittered heart picks that I found at the Dollar Store
(which by the way, is one of my favorite places.)
They always have little, unexpected treasure.
My little "happy corner" in my kitchen!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I bought those hearts too for Amacs! ha! haven't figured out what to do with them yet. Cute wreath- glad you gave me a heads-up-doesn't sound like an Ashley project!

Kimmie said...

can you please stop putting all of these wannabe crafty people to shame. ;) beautiful wreath and i can definitely see how it makes you feel happier. i too despise jan. and feb. i'm sad to say so i'm living these days for springtime.
miss you!!!!!